It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here!
I truly can’t believe we are in the last month of the year! The last month of the decade (!!!) November seemed to fly by with the chaos of prepping for Thanksgiving! This month we celebrated my mom’s birthday with a fun party, worked on some home projects & celebrated our first big holiday at our house!
At the beginning of the month my dad came up to help us with some home projects! We are so grateful to have him and his many skills! He makes everything look simple ha! My dad added wainscoting to our dining room & the following weekend we painted the entire room. It is a HUGE transformation and I can’t wait to share it with y’all! I smile every time I walk in the room.
In less “fun” news, we also got our yard aerated and our grass looks SO good, y’all! Our back yard is partially shaded and the summer heat totally dried out the grass, so we were looking forward to fall to get our grass back! It’s little things like this that make me happy haha!
We also decorated for Christmas this month! You can see a peek at the decor here!
Books I read this month
I had every intention of reading eleven books this month, but that didn’t happen! Between home projects, hanging out with friends & the Thanksgiving holiday I only ended up reading seven. Still a good month of reading, but not so sure I’ll be making my Goodreads goal this year!
What I purchased
–a pair of Good American jeans | I have heard rave reviews of Good American and finally decided to try them!
– these black mules | I’m always a bit hit or miss when it comes to black shoes, but I’m hoping to give these a shot!
–a pair of straight leg jeans | These are a bit more polished than a boyfriend jean! I ended up cutting the bottom of these for a more cropped fit since I’m only 5’2″!
–a new tripod | The tripod I had broke, so I grabbed this one! So far, I’m impressed since it was affordable!
Favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
Gift Ideas for the Book Lover | This may be my favorite gift guide…ever! I want everything on it ha! Perfect for those who love to read.
A Girl’s Trip to Charleston | This was such a fun trip with my favorite girls! I love Charleston in the fall!
Fall Sweaters under $75 | So many cute sweaters at an affordable price!
Favorite posts I read this month
Five Tips for a Great Holiday Dessert Bar | Ok, I officially want to do this for Christmas! I love all the sweets! Jess always has the best holiday setups.
How to Host a Cookie Swap | Can you tell I have a bit of a sweet tooth?! I love the idea of hosting a cookie swap around the holidays.
Tips for Surviving Holiday Anxiety | Let’s be honest, not all holidays are super enjoyable, but Julia gives great tips for how to tackle them!
Current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: I have been using this heat protectant on my hair for the last two months and have noticed a noticeable difference!
- CLOTHING: I have been wearing this sherpa lined cardigan non-stop! It’s so cozy that I even wear it around the house, too!
- TV SHOWS: I have been living for the Disney+ app lately! All of the throwback shoes and movies are the b-e-s-t!
- PODCAST: I have been listening to Be There in Five for a few months now & I am also really liking the Dateline podcast.
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m currently reading Christmas Shopaholic. I loved the Shopaholic series years ago & I was happy to have another one to read. It’s cute & putting me in the Christmas mood.