The Packing List – Aruba

Happy Christmas week, y’all! I can’t believe we are just a few days away from the holiday. I’m really looking forward to relaxing and spending time with family over the next few days! On Friday Nick and I are heading to Aruba with my family and I couldn’t be more excited! Since we are all older, we have chosen to go on a trip as a family instead of exchanging big gifts for the past few years! We always have the best time & make new memories, which is better than any gift!

Since the holiday season can be a bit chaotic, I have been trying to make my packing list so that I’m not running around attempting to pack at the last minute! I have almost everything packed for our trip, so today I thought I would share my packing list with y’all!

I’ll be signing off for a few days to spend time with family & friends, so wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! I am so grateful for this space, this community & the friends and connections I have made with you all over the past 8 years! Wishing you all lots of happiness as we end the year and begin a new one! xo

The Packing List: Aruba

1. PRINTED MIDI DRESS | This dress is part of the Sail to Sable resort collection and I think it’s adorable!
  2. CLARE V. CROSSBODY BAG | This is one of my favorite bags to take on vacation! It’s small, easy to pack and holds the essentials!
  3. BOOKS | I’m having the hardest time narrowing down what books I want to take! We will be gone for seven days so I’m hoping to be able to read quite a bit. I’m bringing ARCs (advanced reader copies) of American Dirt, You Are Not Alone & Big Lies in a Small Town with me, along with a few others!
  4. SONY A5100 CAMERA | This is a great travel camera to bring! It’s lightweight and it has wifi capabilities, meaning you can send the photos straight to your phone!
  5. MZ WALLACE METRO TOTE | This is hands down my favorite tote to use as a carry on when traveling! It’s so light (weighs almost nothing!) and can hold EVERYTHING! I always joke that it’s my Mary Poppins bag because it holds so much and never feels heavy or full!
  6. LESPORTSAC COMPACT BAG | I always toss this bag inside my carryon to keep everything a bit more organized. it has two outside pockets for the things I need to quickly grab.
  7. MADEWELL BEACH TOTE | This tote folds up flat, so it’s easy to pack. I like that it has shoulder straps and top handles. It can hold a lot for a day at the beach!
  8. BLACK MIDI COVERUP | I got these a few years ago and I love it! It allows you to look put together if you happen to walk to grab lunch from the beach or pool.
  9. SUPERGOOP SUNSCREEN | I have been wearing Supergoop since about 2015 and I can’t say enough great things about the brand. I never burn & I love the way this sunscreen smells!
  10. TURQUOISE TASSEL EARRINGS | You can’t go wrong with a fun pair of statement earrings!
  11. GREEN SWIMSUIT COVERUP | I love how colorful this coverup is! it comes in a few different color ways here.
  12. STRIPED ONE PIECE SWIMSUIT | I can’t get over how cute this swimsuit is!! I love the colors in it!
  13. LIGHT BLUE EMBROIDERED MIDI DRESS | This is such an easy dress to throw on while on vacation!
  14. KAREN WALKER SUNGLASSES | I always bring a few pair of sunglasses with me on vacation & these are always included.
  15. PRINTED SWING DRESS | This dress is so cute in person & I love that it can be worn casually or dressed up a bit.
  16. SAM EDELMAN GOLD SANDALS | These sandals go with everything and they are so comfortable to walk around in.
  17. AGOLDE SHORTS | I didn’t understand the hype of these shorts until I put them on. I wore them all last summer and really love them! I have the Dee Ultra High Rise version and love the longer length.
  18. ANEMONE PINK EARRINGS | I thought these were such fun earrings!
  19. RHINESTONE STRAP SANDALS | As soon as I saw these I added them to my cart! They’ll be cute with shorts and dresses alike.
  20. STONEY CLOVER LANE SPF CASE | This SPF case is great to store all fo your sunscreen and keep your beach bag organized.
  21. LEOPARD PRINT SKIRT | This skirt is such a great find. It’s affordable and will be perfect for vacation. I like that I could also pair it with a sweat and booties for winter too!
  22. WRAP ONE PIECE SWIMSUIT | I ordered this swimsuit for our trip and I can’t get over how nice it is for the price. It’s also extremely flattering and comes in 2 other colors.
  23. LEOPARD PRINT HEADBAND | I have heard it’s a bit windy in Aruba, so I’m bringing a few headbands to keep my hair out of my face.
  24. WHITE SWIM COVERUP | This $20 coverup is one that I bring with me anytime I’m heading somewhere warm! It looks so much nicer than it’s price tag!

Shop the items I’m packing below:

Shop the post

1. Rachel wrote:

I love that you guys take a trip together versus giving gifts – Such a fun way to spend the holidays! Love everything on your packing list, it’s making me want to plan a warm vacation.

Merry Christmas!!

Rachel

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  2. Lizzie wrote:

We’ve talked about doing this too! I’d love to take a trip instead of give gifts – hopefully next year <3 Have so much fun in Aruba!

Lizzie

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  3. Rach wrote:

Aruba sounds amazing! Have so much fun! I have my eye on that olive green one-piece!

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  4. Hillary Conheady wrote:

Ah have such a great time!! You packed some pretty cute items!

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  5. Aruba has a such a nice weather. Loved these picks! Enjoy the holidays! Merry Christmas

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  6. Lee wrote:

Aw that’s so nice that you’re doing a family trip! Youll LOVE Aruba, I go every year it’s the best! I’ve actually got a bunch of blog posts if you’re interested on the best restaurants, the best things to do etc!
    Lee

Posted 12.23.19 Reply
  7. tanvi wrote:

How wonderful. I was in Aruba over July 4th and now can’t wait to go back next year again. Have fun!

Posted 12.24.19 Reply
  8. Kristina wrote:

Omg have so much fun and hope you plan to see the flamingos!!

Posted 12.27.19 Reply
  9. Perfect pics!! Now I need to book a trip to get away asap lol xoxo sarah

Posted 1.9.20 Reply

• We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant