My Favorite Things 2019

As went enter the last few days of January, what better time than to recap my favorite items of 2019!? This is my first year posting a roundup of my favorite things, but I hope to continue it in years to come! Each of these items have been purchased (or re-purchased) in 2019 and are items that I highly recommend. I would love to hear what some of your favorite things are in the comments!

My Favorite Things 2019

1. ICE ROLLER | This ice roller was an impulse buy from amazon & it’s one I certainly don’t regret getting! I use the ice roller on my face to reduce puffiness, anytime I have a headache or tension headache & even on my muscles when they’re sore. For only $11, it’s worth it!
  2. AIRPODS | It’s funny to think how I managed before AirPods! Who knew that not having a pesky cord connecting to my phone would make such a difference. I use my AirPods daily – whether I’m listening to music while working out, listening to a podcast on a walk or cleaning & listening to an audiobook – they come in handy more than you think! I definitely want the new version with the noise cancelling option.
  3. SERENA & LILY THROW PILLOWS | I have purchased quite a few throw pillows from Serena & Lily since purchasing our home. They are high quality, the prints and textures are gorgeous & they work effortlessly into our decor.
  4. AGOLDE DENIM SHORTS | I didn’t understand the hype of these shorts until I tried them for myself & now I’ll never go back! I love the “dee” shorts because they’re a bit longer!
  5. KIEHL’S MIDNIGHT RECOVERY CONCENTRATE | If you’re looking to get rid of fine lines & wrinkles, be sure to add this oil to your routine! I notice a difference when I incorporate this serum regularly.
  6. MONOPOLY DEAL | If y’all haven’t played this card game yet you *must* give it a try! It’s so fun and I’m so happy our friends introduced us to it a few years ago! We bring it with us anytime we travel. We even played it on our long flight to Aruba when the wifi wasn’t working haha!
  7. SUPERGOOP ACAI LIP BALM | This lip balm has been my go-to for a few years now and I always have one in my bag, my car, the bedroom & living room. It’s that good! This lip balm stays on well, it’s a thick formula and it’s SPF 30.
  8. CHAPPYWRAP BLANKET | I got my first ChappyWrap blanket this year and as I’m typing this I’m cozied up underneath it! It’s incredibly soft and warm. Both of the animals try to steal it from me ha!
  9. FOLEX CARPET CLEANER | Ok, I know this sounds random, but when you have two animals you *always* need carpet cleaner on hand for any sort of accidents! I first discovered this on Amazon (it’s also sold at Lowe’s) and it works wonders for getting all kind of stains out. I have spilled red wine on our carpet (oops) and it came right out.
  10. QUAY AFTER HOURS SUNGLASSES | These are some of my favorite sunglasses & they’re under $60. I lost my first pair last year and I promptly purchased them again because I love them so much. They’re perfectly oversized.
  11. STASHER REUSABLE BAGS | In an effort to reduce single-use plastic, I purchased Stasher bags. I really like this, especially the fact that they’re dishwasher safe. They’re great for prepping food & even taking snacks on the go. They now come in 4 or 5 different sizes and many colors.
  12. KINDLE PAPERWHITE | I got the newest version of the Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday in April and love it. The new version is waterproof making it great to use in the bath, the pool or on the beach! I love not having to fret about getting it wet.
  13. GOOD AMERICAN JEANS | I ordered my first pair of Good American jeans this past fall and I’m hooked! They are very flattering & have the perfect amount of stretch.
  14. SERENA & LILY LA JOLLA BASKETS | I now have four of these baskets throughout our home because not only are they aesthetically pleasing, they are functional too! These baskets are great for holding throw blankets. They would also be great for holding kids toys too!
  15. KIEHL’S ULTIMATE STRENGTH HAND LOTION | If you have dry hands,  be sure to keep this hand lotion with you at all times! It’s a thick formula and really helps to hydrate your hands, especially during the winter months.
  16. VINCE SLIP-ON SNEAKERS | These are definitely my go-to shoes when I want to be comfortable but still put together. They don’t require any breaking in.
  17. MADEWELL OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET | I have quite a few denim jackets, but this one is definitely the one I reach for the most. I like that it’s oversized because I can even wear it with leggings for a casual look.
  18. SLIP SILK PILLOWCASE | I promise, your skin and hair will thank you for getting this pillowcase! Gone are the days of waking up with crazy lines on my face from my pillow ha!
  19. M.Z. WALLACE MEDIUM METRO TOTE | I cannot recommend this bag enough! Seriously! I mainly chose this bag because it’s very spacious, especially when using it as a carry on for travel, but one of my favorite things about this bag is how lightweight it is. It weighs virtually nothing, making it an even better travel bag. Nothing worse than a heavy bag  being weighed down even more with a lot of stuff in it. I plan on getting the large tote later this year!

shop my favorite things

1. Hillary wrote:

Such a fun round up!! I’m obsessed with my slip pillowcase too! I got one to help with my migraines and it’s so amazing!

Posted 1.21.20 Reply
  2. Rachel wrote:

I’ve been dying to try the Good American jeans! I’ve heard SO many great things and they have so many great styles. I’ve also been itching to get an MZ Wallace tote – My current bag has seen better days and I love how casual chic they are.

Rachel

Posted 1.21.20 Reply
  3. Lizzie wrote:

I still need to get an ice roller! I’ve heard such amazing things about it. Love your list!

Lizzie

Posted 1.21.20 Reply
  4. Kileen wrote:

I love all of these things as well! I love airpods and Good American Jeans so much!!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.21.20 Reply
  5. darleenmeier wrote:

Love my AirPods! Lifechanger! And I am obsessed with S+L throw pillows.

Posted 1.22.20 Reply
  6. This was the year I invested in a silk pillowcase…game changer! Love all these picks, great finds! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 1.22.20 Reply
  7. Yes to three, fourteen, and nineteen – some of my favorites of 2019 as well! Need to try this ice roller and the reusable “plastic” bags!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 1.22.20 Reply

I always love learning about the favorites that people had for an entire year. You know that if they loved it enough to talk about it after a year, it must be good! I’ll have to get my hands on a few of these items!

Posted 1.22.20 Reply
  9. Caitlin Houston wrote:

An ice roller is still on my wish list! I need to get myself one.

Posted 1.22.20 Reply
  10. Amanda Maynard wrote:

i finally gave in and tried on a pair of good american jeans and I am seriously obsessed too!

Posted 1.22.20 Reply
  11. Renee wrote:

Oh that tote is awesome! I love the cooling roller thing, it’s the best thing I’ve bought in years. My kindle is one of my favorites too!

Posted 1.23.20 Reply
  12. Ally wrote:

What a great list of favorite things! Had been wondering if silk pillowcases were really worth trying.

Posted 1.24.20 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly