Our next chapter…we’re having a baby!!!

Over the past nine years I have been lucky to share a lot of my life here with you guys! I have shared a lot of big moments here, including our engagement storyour wedding & buying our first home. And it’s with the biggest smile on my face and a grateful heart that I share our next milestone with you all… becoming parents!

That’s right, we have a baby on the way! Baby Wilkinson is due in July and we’re already counting down to the arrival of our first child! Words can’t describe just how excited we are for this next adventure! It still feels a bit surreal, but we are so, so grateful for this blessing.

We found out that we were expecting in November and I don’t think the smile has left my face ever since!! I’m now 15 weeks pregnant and in my second trimester. I feel like I have been living a secret life these last 15 weeks as we navigated the first trimester! This has been one of the hardest but most exciting secrets to keep, so I’m happy that I can finally share with you! I’m really looking forward to documenting this next chapter in our lives as we await his or her arrival!

There is so much to catch you up on, so I will be sharing a more in-depth blog post next week, but I couldn’t keep y’all out of the loop any longer! In the meantime, if you have any questions, let me know & I’ll be sure to answer them in that post! I am so happy to be able to share bits of our next chapter in this space and I am incredibly thankful for your endless support!

blue lace maxi dress | navy suit

photography by Shana Leigh Photography

1. Francene M Katzen wrote:

Congratulations Emily & Nick!!!!!! I am so happy for you all! Know you will make such wonderful parents. So excited to follow you all on this journey. Being a parent is one of the most wonderful parts of life. xo

2. Olga wrote:

I had a feeling!!! Congratulations, what an exciting time!

Olga

3. Annaliese wrote:

Awww congratulations Emily!! How exciting as y’all embark on the next chapter!

xoxo A

4. Rach wrote:

Congratulations!! This is so exciting! I can’t wait to follow along

5. Jess wrote:

Congratulations! So so happy for you!!

6. Kristina wrote:

Congratulations girl!! Enjoy this journey- it really is the best!

7. Rachel wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited to see the both of you become parents!!

Rachel

8. Connie Corey wrote:

I am so excited for you both! Esp. your parents they are going to be wonderful grandparents…trust me nothing better!

9. Genevieve wrote:

Such wonderful news! Congratulations! <3

10. Tami wrote:

Congratulations! Wish you all the happiness. Such an exciting chapter in your life now.

11. Lee wrote:

Congratulations Emily!! SO excited for you both. <3

Posted 1.28.20 Reply

I’m so incredibly happy for you! What a beautiful, wonderful time of your life. I’m looking forward to following along as you share this new chapter! Congratulations!

13. Kileen wrote:

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! So happy for you mama!!

Kileen

Posted 1.29.20 Reply
  14. Caitlin Houston wrote:

SO amazing! Congrats!!!! It is so fun to be able to document all of the life changes on our blogs and then look back on them years later. Welcome to the parenthood club!

Posted 1.29.20 Reply
  15. Congratulations…what an exciting time! Enjoy every step of it!

Posted 1.29.20 Reply
  16. Lizzie wrote:

Aww congrats on the new addition!!! So happy and excited for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy <3

Lizzie

Posted 1.29.20 Reply
  17. lyddiegal wrote:

A huge congrats! I’m sure you are going to be amazing parents!

Posted 1.30.20 Reply
  18. Marisa wrote:

Congratulations! I audibly gasped when I read this. I’m just a blogger fan, but so excited for you both as parents. I’m also so excited for all your amazing tips and tricks as you navigate motherhood with this blog.

Posted 1.30.20 Reply
  19. maynardamanda wrote:

This is so exciting! Congratulations on your new chapter.

Posted 1.30.20 Reply
  20. Anna English wrote:

Congrats to you two! What an exciting time. Sending you lots of well wishes during this new chapter!

Posted 1.31.20 Reply
  21. Caley wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!! So so happy for you Em x

Posted 1.31.20 Reply
  22. Darleen wrote:

Best news! So excited for you and this new chapter in your life!

Posted 2.1.20 Reply
  23. Meg wrote:

How exciting! OMG! I’m so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

Posted 2.4.20 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly