101 in 1001 update no. 2

It’s been six months since my first 101 in 1001 list update, so I figured it was about time for another update to see how I’m doing! In today’s post I’m sharing the items I have completed, the items that are in progress & what I’m hoping to cross off of my list.

P.S. If you’re unfamiliar with what a 101 in 1001 list is, be sure to read this post! You can also read my first update here

goals completed since my update in August (10/101)
total goals completed so far (32/101)

12. Watch five documentaries or docu-series (5/5). Over the last few months I have watched Cheer, The Pharmacist, The Ted Bundy Tapes, Americana: The Taylor Swift Documentary, and Abducted in Plain Sight. All of these are on Netflix and my list is filled with more that I want to watch!

17.  Try to eat more healthy meals and snacks (completed January 2019). Now that I am pregnant it’s been easy to incorporate a lot more healthy items into my meals and snacks.

23. Print & update the photos in our home (completed January 2019). A few weeks ago we updated a lot of the photos in our home! Our gallery wall in our dining room is complete and we have updated photos throughout our home. We still have a few frames to fill and hang but I have been so indecisive on those!

29. Better organize my computer & Dropbox and keep it that way! (completed December 2019). At the end of 2019 I took a chunk of time in order to organize my desktop and Dropbox! Everything is so organized and my files are easy to find!

44. Plan a trip with my blogger friends (completed October 2019). I planned a trip to Tennessee and Charleston with a group of friends this past fall!

56. Travel to a new country (completed August 2019). In August I headed to Toronto, Canada for a work trip to attend a viewing of Where’d You Go Bernadette and meet the cast! It was such a fun trip and although I was only there for a few days it was nice to explore Toronto a bit. I definitely want to go back!

70. Reconnect with old friends (completed December 2019). I have reconnected with a few old friends recently and it feels great!

71. Form new friendships (over 2019-now). We have made some really great friends in our city over the last few months & it’s nice to have a core group of people to hang out with since most of our best friends live in different cities and states!

85. See a community production or play (completed December 2019). In December we headed to Winston-Salem to see The Nutcracker, put on by the NC School of the Arts. It’s such a great performance!

88. Refinish a piece of furniture (completed November 2019). In October we purchased a piece of furniture from The Red Collection, a local high-end consignment shop, for our dining room. It was a nice piece but the wood color was too cherry, so we took on the challenge of refinishing it to match out dining room furniture. It wa definitely a labor of love and required a bit of patience but it turned out so well!

101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list (completed August 2019). I had a few people email me that they had started their own lists! I love inspiring people to make these lists!

in progress (4)

2. read at least 250 books (62/250). As of my last update I had read 22 books. Since then I have read 40 more books, which means I am 1/4 through my goal of 250 books! Here are the books I have read since August. All of them have been featured in my monthly book review posts!
Love at First Like by Hannah Orenstein, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate, Well Met by Jen DeLuca, That’s What Frenemies Are For by Sophie Littlefield, I’ll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara, Someone We Know by Shari Lapena, The Whisper Man by Alex North, Dominicana by Angie Cruz, The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware, The Reckless Oath We Made by Bryn Greenwood, Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren, Under Currents by Nora Roberts, The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo, The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell, The Grace Year by Kim Liggett, Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson, Wild Game by Adrienne Brodeur, The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter, What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand, If Only I Could Tell You by Hannah Beckerman, The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker, The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams, Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, Let It Snow by Nancy Thayer, Reputation by Sara Shepard, Regretting You by Colleen Hoover, American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins, One of Us Is Next by Karen McManus, Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave, You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks, Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid, The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James, Long Bright River by Liz Moore, Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert, Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain, The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson, A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler.

7. Read 5 non-fiction books (3/5). I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara, Wild Game by Adrienne Brodeur and Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. I would love to hear if you have any other recs!

49. Publish 3 “how to” posts (1/3). I shared a how to post on how to paint your exterior front door! Hoping to publish a few more how to posts in the coming months!

92. Try 5 new restaurants in my city or surrounding area (2/5). We finally tried Kau back in October with friends and really enjoyed the atmosphere & the food! I’m hoping to try Chez Genese & Sage Mule in the next few months.

working on completing next

10. Vote in a non-presidental election

14. Start a recipe book filled with our favorite recipes, new and old

34. Create more home decor content

42. Write at least one personal post a month

46. Create a new media kit & business cards (myself)

51. Create a more detailed editorial calendar & content system

66. Order our wedding album (late on this, I know!) & create an album from our first year of marriage

87. Try out a month of yoga

1. Hillary wrote:

I really love this idea!! I’ll have to remember it for next year! And wasn’t the Taylor Swift doc so good?! I need to watch the Pharmacist next!

Posted 2.19.20 Reply
  2. Rachel wrote:

SO much progress on your 101 in 1001 list! I need to start setting small goals that I can complete anytime versus goals for an entire year. It makes achieving the smaller things feel that much better!!!

Rachel

Posted 2.19.20 Reply
  3. Rach wrote:

I’m so impressed with how much books you’ve read! You’ve accomplished so much goals! I definitely think the next set of goals are achievable!

Posted 2.19.20 Reply
  4. Lizzie wrote:

This is AMAZING! I’ve been wanting to do something like this. You’ve completed so much – love seeing the progress!

Lizzie

Posted 2.19.20 Reply
  5. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

I hadn’t heard of this before; it’s such a cool idea! I love how your list is a mix of smaller things and bigger goals.

Posted 2.19.20 Reply
  6. Love this idea…great for keeping yourself accountable and motivated! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 2.20.20 Reply
  7. Anna English wrote:

I love the idea of checking out new places in your city! I’m currently trying to feature more of Houston on my blog!

Posted 2.20.20 Reply
  8. mystylevita wrote:

I just love this idea! And I’m trying SO HARD to read more books to make you proud, ha!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 2.20.20 Reply
  9. tan wrote:

You are doing so well. I love this idea for a blog post.

Posted 2.20.20 Reply

I’m seriously inspired. Honestly, I think I need to begin one of these lists for myself at some point. I just really need to start brainstorming what I’d put on it. It’s awesome how much you’ve accomplished!

Posted 2.20.20 Reply
  11. Jamaria wrote:

This is a really cool idea and you’re definitely inspiring me to challenge myself to new things! I think it’s so cool that you can look back and see how much you’ve accomplished. Xo

Posted 2.21.20 Reply
  12. Greta wrote:

You’ve knocked out so many items on this list. Great job!

Posted 2.24.20 Reply
  13. Caley wrote:

You honestly inspire me with this list every time!! I need to start working on mine… x

Posted 3.5.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬