It’s been six months since my first 101 in 1001 list update, so I figured it was about time for another update to see how I’m doing! In today’s post I’m sharing the items I have completed, the items that are in progress & what I’m hoping to cross off of my list.
goals completed since my update in August (10/101)
total goals completed so far (32/101)
12. Watch five documentaries or docu-series (5/5). Over the last few months I have watched Cheer, The Pharmacist, The Ted Bundy Tapes, Americana: The Taylor Swift Documentary, and Abducted in Plain Sight. All of these are on Netflix and my list is filled with more that I want to watch!
17. Try to eat more healthy meals and snacks (completed January 2019). Now that I am pregnant it’s been easy to incorporate a lot more healthy items into my meals and snacks.
23. Print & update the photos in our home (completed January 2019). A few weeks ago we updated a lot of the photos in our home! Our gallery wall in our dining room is complete and we have updated photos throughout our home. We still have a few frames to fill and hang but I have been so indecisive on those!
29. Better organize my computer & Dropbox and keep it that way! (completed December 2019). At the end of 2019 I took a chunk of time in order to organize my desktop and Dropbox! Everything is so organized and my files are easy to find!
44. Plan a trip with my blogger friends (completed October 2019). I planned a trip to Tennessee and Charleston with a group of friends this past fall!
56. Travel to a new country (completed August 2019). In August I headed to Toronto, Canada for a work trip to attend a viewing of Where’d You Go Bernadette and meet the cast! It was such a fun trip and although I was only there for a few days it was nice to explore Toronto a bit. I definitely want to go back!
70. Reconnect with old friends (completed December 2019). I have reconnected with a few old friends recently and it feels great!
71. Form new friendships (over 2019-now). We have made some really great friends in our city over the last few months & it’s nice to have a core group of people to hang out with since most of our best friends live in different cities and states!
85. See a community production or play (completed December 2019). In December we headed to Winston-Salem to see The Nutcracker, put on by the NC School of the Arts. It’s such a great performance!
88. Refinish a piece of furniture (completed November 2019). In October we purchased a piece of furniture from The Red Collection, a local high-end consignment shop, for our dining room. It was a nice piece but the wood color was too cherry, so we took on the challenge of refinishing it to match out dining room furniture. It wa definitely a labor of love and required a bit of patience but it turned out so well!
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list (completed August 2019). I had a few people email me that they had started their own lists! I love inspiring people to make these lists!
in progress (4)
2. read at least 250 books (62/250). As of my last update I had read 22 books. Since then I have read 40 more books, which means I am 1/4 through my goal of 250 books! Here are the books I have read since August. All of them have been featured in my monthly book review posts!
Love at First Like by Hannah Orenstein, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate, Well Met by Jen DeLuca, That’s What Frenemies Are For by Sophie Littlefield, I’ll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara, Someone We Know by Shari Lapena, The Whisper Man by Alex North, Dominicana by Angie Cruz, The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware, The Reckless Oath We Made by Bryn Greenwood, Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren, Under Currents by Nora Roberts, The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo, The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell, The Grace Year by Kim Liggett, Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson, Wild Game by Adrienne Brodeur, The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter, What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand, If Only I Could Tell You by Hannah Beckerman, The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker, The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams, Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, Let It Snow by Nancy Thayer, Reputation by Sara Shepard, Regretting You by Colleen Hoover, American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins, One of Us Is Next by Karen McManus, Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave, You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks, Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid, The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James, Long Bright River by Liz Moore, Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert, Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain, The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson, A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler.
49. Publish 3 “how to” posts (1/3). I shared a how to post on how to paint your exterior front door! Hoping to publish a few more how to posts in the coming months!
92. Try 5 new restaurants in my city or surrounding area (2/5). We finally tried Kau back in October with friends and really enjoyed the atmosphere & the food! I’m hoping to try Chez Genese & Sage Mule in the next few months.
working on completing next
10. Vote in a non-presidental election
14. Start a recipe book filled with our favorite recipes, new and old
34. Create more home decor content
42. Write at least one personal post a month
46. Create a new media kit & business cards (myself)
51. Create a more detailed editorial calendar & content system
66. Order our wedding album (late on this, I know!) & create an album from our first year of marriage
87. Try out a month of yoga