Gender Reveal | We’re having a….

Last week I shared a post full of old wives tales to predict gender in anticipation of finding out the gender of our baby! This past weekend we had our families and siblings over to our house for a small gender reveal party. It was so special to find out the gender of our baby surrounded by all the people we love and care about the most. gender reveal party life with emilyI am beyond thrilled to share that we will be welcoming a sweet baby BOY to our family this July!!!! We are both completely overjoyed and we are so excited to become parents to a baby boy! I don’t think we have stopped smiling since finding out. Over the past few days it has been so fun to talk about all the things we want to incorporate & do as boy parents… so many things!
As I have mentioned before I didn’t really have a hunch on what we were having – it kind of varied by day and by symptom (or lack there of!). We knew we would be happy whether it was a boy or a girl, so I didn’t mind waiting until 18 weeks to find out! The 18 week anatomy scan was really amazing – we got to see how much our baby had grown (each ultrasound so fascinating!) and make sure that the baby was growing on schedule and healthy.

At the end of the scan our ultrasound tech turned off the viewing screen so that she could determine the gender. Funny enough, baby was moving around like CRAZY the entire scan and I had to end up turning on my side and keep poking and shaking my belly so she could 100% verify the gender! It’s safe to say he is going to keep us busy!Now that we know that we’re having a boy, we can start planning out the nursery, begin buying clothing, & start our registry. We have had first and middle names picked out for both genders for a few years, so it’s really exciting to talk to him and use his name! We will be keeping his name to ourselves until he is born! These past few days have made everything feel so much more REAL now and it’s hard to believe I’m almost halfway through this pregnancy.I am so beyond thankful for this blessing and am happy that I get to share our journey and excitement here with you all! In case you missed it here is our pregnancy announcement, my first trimester Q&A and the old wives tales to predict gender!

details

white floral dress | blue coral print dress | personalized cookies (we also had pink ones!) | pink & blue photo props | from IG stories: onesie napkins, onesie confetti, pink & navy photo props, oh baby cupcake toppers |

Shop the post

1. Francene M Katzen wrote:

Congratulations to you &Nick!!! So very happy and excited for you both. Being a parent is such a joyful gift.

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  2. rebecca wrote:

ahhh congrats! my best friend is having a baby boy any day now and it has been so fun planning for him!

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  3. Rachel wrote:

YAY!! You are both going to be the best boy parents and I can’t wait to hear his name!

Rachel

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  4. Congratulations!!! A whole new level of excitement now that you know what you guys are having! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 2.25.20 Reply

Somehow I just knew it! Maybe it’s your love for blue 😉 I bet you’re so excited to begin buying little boy clothing and home goods! Congratulations, Emily!

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  6. Jamaria Johnson wrote:

OMG how exciting! Congratulations to you! I’ve heard boys are so much fun. xo

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  7. Kileen wrote:

Yay!! That is so exciting mama! Congratulations, boys are so sweet!

Kileen

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  8. Greta wrote:

Congrats! This is so exciting!

Posted 2.25.20 Reply
  9. Lizzie wrote:

Aww congrats on your baby boy! So excited! Love these photos 🙂

Lizzie

Posted 2.26.20 Reply
  10. Rach wrote:

Congratulations on having a boy!! So excited for your growing family!

Posted 2.26.20 Reply
  11. Ada wrote:

That is so exciting, and I love that I am finding out since I had just read your post about the old wives’ tales on gender reveal. This is awesome and definitely a blessing. Congratulations mama!

Posted 2.26.20 Reply
  12. Carrington wrote:

Awww congrats to you both! This is so exciting for you guys!!! Xx.

Posted 2.26.20 Reply
  13. Caitlin wrote:

Such a cute gender reveal! Congrats on baby boy!

Posted 3.2.20 Reply
  14. Caley wrote:

SO SO excited for you both!! x

Posted 3.3.20 Reply
  15. Anna English wrote:

What an exciting time for you! Congrats again. Sending lots of well wishes your way!

Posted 3.3.20 Reply
  16. Louella Reese wrote:

Oh I am just so excited for you gal! Absolutely love both of the dresses you wore for the reveal. So sweet!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 3.4.20 Reply
  17. Renee wrote:

Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting! I can’t wait to follow along on this journey

Posted 3.5.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬