A Breezy Maxi Dress for Spring

Over the last week or so I haven’t felt like getting dressed. Typically I try to get ready, put on makeup and put on “real” clothes on even though I work from home so that I feel more put together. However, the last week has consisted of leggings and cozy tops for me! Even though that’s the norm around here these days with everything going on, I did want to share this maxi dress that is perfect for spring!

I eyed this dress last year and I *finally* decided to add it to my closet this year. It’s so breezy and works really well with my growing bump! I got to wear it a few weeks ago when we were having an unseasonably warm weekend and I got quite a few compliments on it! The colors in this dress are gorgeous and I can’t wait until I have the chance to wear it out in public again… that time WILL come! And if you decide you really want to get dressed up – plan a date night with your S.O. or schedule a fun virtual happy hour with friends – the perfect excuse to get dressed up! 🙂

FREE PEOPLE FEELING GROOVY MAXI DRESS (runs big, wearing XS & it’s still roomy) | MADEWELL BELT | SAM EDELMAN HEELS | BAMBOO EARRINGS | QUAY AUSTRALIA SUNGLASSES | MONOGRAM NECKLACE

Shop the post

1. Rach wrote:

That maxi dress is GORGEOUS!! I’ve been considering getting it!

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  2. Kristin wrote:

I just adore the print and it’s the perfect spring dress

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  3. Lizzie wrote:

This dress is sooo pretty! I’m so excited to wear all of my spring dresses 🙂

Lizzie

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  4. Kim wrote:

This dress is stunning and you will get so much wear out of it with or without the bump. Pregnancy looks good on you! 🙂

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  5. Well this dress is just gorgeous on you!! Makes me want to get all dressed up (with no where to go) in my spring clothes!

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  6. Ada wrote:

This dress is just so incredibly beautiful and flowy. I think it is just so perfect for the spring and summer. I hope we can rock this piece soon!

Posted 3.25.20 Reply

Talk about a truly stunning dress! It’s light and airy and looks so comfortable too! What a perfect dress to wear from spring into summer – and then from summer into fall! So perfect for so many seasons.

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  8. Such a great option for the season…love the print! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 3.26.20 Reply
  9. You always have the cutest spring dresses, Emily! Love this style on you 🙂

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 3.26.20 Reply
  10. Greta wrote:

Such a pretty dress for spring! I need to get dressed, I’ve been in yoga pants and pj’s nonstop.

Posted 3.27.20 Reply
  11. Rachel wrote:

This dress is beautiful! So perfect for spring.

Rachel

Posted 3.29.20 Reply
  12. Tina wrote:

thats the right outfit for the next weeks. looking gorgeous.
    xoxo
    tina

Posted 4.1.20 Reply
  13. Laura Leigh wrote:

Oh my goodness Emily this is perfect on you! Absolutely perfect! Adore how you styled it!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 4.2.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬