My Monthly Recap – Feb 2020

It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here

highlights

While January seemed to last forever, February absolutely flew by! We had a lot going on in February, so maybe that’s why it flew by…who knows! All I know is I’m really looking forward to March and the warmer weather that’s on the horizon. This month we went on a lot of walks with Avett, brunched with friends, celebrated the fact that we’re having a boy & relaxed as a family!

home

We finished our dining room… finally! That project was a labor of love and we are so happy that we get to enjoy meals in that room every day! We don’t have any other projects that we are working on as of right now, but we will come spring! We are re-doing our screened in porch and will be starting to work on the nursery in about a month or so! In the mean time we have been working to purge and organize EVERYTHING. I have been going room by room and decluttering and getting rid of anything we aren’t using anymore and it feels so good.navy dining room inspiration

baby

This month everything started feeling very real! We had our anatomy scan mid-month and everything checked out with our little one, which was the biggest blessing! We had our families over for our gender reveal and everyone is so excited to be welcoming a baby boy to our family this summer! We have started buying clothing (omg it’s all so tiny & cute!!!), have begun working on our registry & have started gathering ideas for his nursery. A few other exciting things happened this month… I felt baby boy move around for the first time and I think I have officially “popped!” I still can’t get over those sweet little movements that I feel and the fact that when I look down there is a bump there!

Monica + Andy baby clothing
Monica + Andy baby clothing

books I read this month

February was a great month of reading for me! It’s not often that I *love* almost every book that I read in a month, but that’s the kind of month I had! If you’re looking for a few books to read this month I suggest In Five Years, The Other Mrs. or A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder!a good girl's guide to murder

what I purchased

I haven’t been shopping too much lately because I’m in a weird in-between phase of pregnancy where some of my clothes aren’t fitting well (looking at you, jeans!) but maternity clothes are still too big! I did order a few things that I ended up loving though.

a pintuck midi dress | I love the print and the Pintuck details of this dress. I went up to a size 2 to accommodate my bump. I couldn’t *not* get this dress for spring!
a LBD that is maternity | I think this dress will be a staple come spring & summer!
a classic striped top | I can’t wait to wear this with shorts & white jeans this spring.
black maternity leggings | y’all these are giving me LIFE lately ha! They are so comfortable!

favorite blog posts I wrote this month

Travel with me to Aruba | shared the best places to eat & things to do in Aruba. I’m already wanting to go back!
First Trimester Q&A | Answered all kinds of questions & went into detail about the first trimester of pregnancy.
Gender Reveal… we’re having a BOY | The news is out… we’re welcoming a baby boy to our family!

favorite posts I read this month

How to monetize a blog | Ever been curious how bloggers make money?! Jess gives a glimpse into how we do it!
What to pack in your hospital bag | Now that I’m pregnant I have been taking note of what everyone is packing in their hospital bag!
Amazon favorites | I always love seeing what people are buying from Amazon! I always end up adding items to my list!

current favorites on repeat

• beauty: My lips have been so dry this winter, so I have been reaching for my tried & true lip balm 24/7!
  • clothing: I have been loving this lightweight cardigan! I can wear it over workout gear or with jeans!
  • tv shows: I got sucked into The Bachelor this season (idk why, it’s a snooze fest!) but I can’t look away now! What do y’all think is going to happen?! We are also watching Schitt’s Creek… I don’t want this show to end!
  • podcast: I recently started listening to Down the Hill & I’m really liking it. Right now I’m all caught up but looking forward to the next episode. I will have an updated podcast post up soon!
  • audiobook: I had a few friends suggest Open Book by Jessica Simpson, so I downloaded it. I am surprised at how much I enjoyed it – she was so open and authentic in this book and I appreciated her honesty!
  • reading: I just started Dead to Her but I’m not sure if I’m liking it just yet. I’ll be sure to report back in my March book reviews!

1. Mica wrote:

How exciting you’re having a boy, congratulations! 🙂 I have two little boys, they are the best! 🙂

Hope that your week is going well 🙂

Posted 3.5.20 Reply
  2. Annie wrote:

Congratulations on finding out you’re having a boy, that’s so exciting! So happy for you and your family, I hope you’re feeling well and taking it easy as much as possible. Can’t wait to read more about your growing family!

Posted 3.5.20 Reply
  3. Rachel wrote:

Such an amazing month! I can’t wait to see your nursery ideas and plans come to life. I also need to pick up In Five Years ASAP!

Rachel

Posted 3.5.20 Reply
  4. Lizzie wrote:

It sounds like you had an amazing and memorable month! I’ve been thinking about getting Jessica Simpson’s book – glad to hear you like it!

Lizzie

Posted 3.5.20 Reply

Please please do a style post with that midi dress! I absolutely adore it and I’d love to see how you wear it. It’s gorgeous! Love this monthly recap. I so enjoy reading what you’ve been up to – even though I’ve already read all the blog posts you linked here 🙂

Posted 3.5.20 Reply
  6. Great round up! I keep saying I need to make time to read more but maybe audiobooks and podcasts are the way to go! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 3.6.20 Reply
  7. Caitlin wrote:

Congrats again about your little boy! I love the blue outfits!

Posted 3.6.20 Reply
  8. Oh I have been dying to read Jessica’s book. Thrilled to hear you are enjoying it! Definitely need to scoop that up!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 3.6.20 Reply
  9. Hillary wrote:

What a great month y’all had!! I bet buying all of the little guy’s clothes has been so fun!!

Posted 3.6.20 Reply
  10. darleen wrote:

Boys are the best! So excited for you and love that the babymoon is already starting! Your dining room is gorgeous!

Posted 3.9.20 Reply
  11. nancy wrote:

I’m checking out those post you read this month. Especially the Amazon favorites. I love doing my shopping on Amazon.

Posted 3.9.20 Reply
  12. Azanique wrote:

I loved your dinning room reveal and of course, baby boy announcement <3 So excited for this season of life for you 🙂

Posted 3.10.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬