It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here!
While January seemed to last forever, February absolutely flew by! We had a lot going on in February, so maybe that’s why it flew by…who knows! All I know is I’m really looking forward to March and the warmer weather that’s on the horizon. This month we went on a lot of walks with Avett, brunched with friends, celebrated the fact that we’re having a boy & relaxed as a family!
We finished our dining room… finally! That project was a labor of love and we are so happy that we get to enjoy meals in that room every day! We don’t have any other projects that we are working on as of right now, but we will come spring! We are re-doing our screened in porch and will be starting to work on the nursery in about a month or so! In the mean time we have been working to purge and organize EVERYTHING. I have been going room by room and decluttering and getting rid of anything we aren’t using anymore and it feels so good.
This month everything started feeling very real! We had our anatomy scan mid-month and everything checked out with our little one, which was the biggest blessing! We had our families over for our gender reveal and everyone is so excited to be welcoming a baby boy to our family this summer! We have started buying clothing (omg it’s all so tiny & cute!!!), have begun working on our registry & have started gathering ideas for his nursery. A few other exciting things happened this month… I felt baby boy move around for the first time and I think I have officially “popped!” I still can’t get over those sweet little movements that I feel and the fact that when I look down there is a bump there!
books I read this month
February was a great month of reading for me! It’s not often that I *love* almost every book that I read in a month, but that’s the kind of month I had! If you’re looking for a few books to read this month I suggest In Five Years, The Other Mrs. or A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder!
what I purchased
I haven’t been shopping too much lately because I’m in a weird in-between phase of pregnancy where some of my clothes aren’t fitting well (looking at you, jeans!) but maternity clothes are still too big! I did order a few things that I ended up loving though.
–a pintuck midi dress | I love the print and the Pintuck details of this dress. I went up to a size 2 to accommodate my bump. I couldn’t *not* get this dress for spring!
–a LBD that is maternity | I think this dress will be a staple come spring & summer!
–a classic striped top | I can’t wait to wear this with shorts & white jeans this spring.
–black maternity leggings | y’all these are giving me LIFE lately ha! They are so comfortable!
favorite blog posts I wrote this month
–Travel with me to Aruba | shared the best places to eat & things to do in Aruba. I’m already wanting to go back!
–First Trimester Q&A | Answered all kinds of questions & went into detail about the first trimester of pregnancy.
–Gender Reveal… we’re having a BOY | The news is out… we’re welcoming a baby boy to our family!
favorite posts I read this month
–How to monetize a blog | Ever been curious how bloggers make money?! Jess gives a glimpse into how we do it!
–What to pack in your hospital bag | Now that I’m pregnant I have been taking note of what everyone is packing in their hospital bag!
–Amazon favorites | I always love seeing what people are buying from Amazon! I always end up adding items to my list!
current favorites on repeat
- beauty: My lips have been so dry this winter, so I have been reaching for my tried & true lip balm 24/7!
- clothing: I have been loving this lightweight cardigan! I can wear it over workout gear or with jeans!
- tv shows: I got sucked into The Bachelor this season (idk why, it’s a snooze fest!) but I can’t look away now! What do y’all think is going to happen?! We are also watching Schitt’s Creek… I don’t want this show to end!
- podcast: I recently started listening to Down the Hill & I’m really liking it. Right now I’m all caught up but looking forward to the next episode. I will have an updated podcast post up soon!
- audiobook: I had a few friends suggest Open Book by Jessica Simpson, so I downloaded it. I am surprised at how much I enjoyed it – she was so open and authentic in this book and I appreciated her honesty!
- reading: I just started Dead to Her but I’m not sure if I’m liking it just yet. I’ll be sure to report back in my March book reviews!