Spring Entertaining Refresh

If I had to answer what my favorite meal of the day is I would have to say breakfast! I have always been one of those people who looks forward to breakfast, whether I’m making a quick smoothie or going all out with breakfast favorites like blueberry pancakes, bacon, or muffins! So naturally, I am always up for an excuse to brunch – whether it’s at a local restaurant with friends or hosting at our house! With spring in the air I’m dreaming of hosting friends for brunch and eating in our dining room (or al fresco if the weather permits!). With our recent dining room transformation, we took the opportunity to update a few entertaining items, too! You can never have too many serving trays and I love this two tiered tray from Kirkland’s. It’s perfect for muffins or scones & could even work as a tray for coffee supplies too! We have been keeping it filled with our fresh fruit in our kitchen lately. It fits perfectly with our dining room decor! We also grabbed these plaid napkins that add a nice texture to the table! And of course, no brunch is complete without all the drinks (anyone else always have 2-3 drinks with brunch?!). I love these hammered glasses – perfect for OJ, sweet tea or a cocktail!So, now that we have entertaining covered, I would love to hear what your go-to brunch order is! For me, I always like having pancakes or French toast, bacon & scrambled eggs! I like sweet and salty, so this is always a great go-to combo for me! Keep reading below for a few brunch recipe ideas!

brunch recipe ideas

If you’re a big fan of brunch & breakfast food like me, be sure to check out the below recipes! A few are new-to-me, but others are ones that we have discovered and really enjoyed over the years!

This post is in partnership with Kirkland’s. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

Shop the post

1. Rachel wrote:

Love your dining space! I can’t wait until I live in a home that has space for a large dining table to host dinner parties.

Rachel

Posted 3.11.20 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

Love what you did with your dining room! I’m all about a Spring refresh!

Posted 3.11.20 Reply
  3. Lizzie wrote:

Such a cute setup! I love all of your decor! Definitely want to ty some of those recipes too <3

Lizzie

Posted 3.11.20 Reply
  4. legalleeblondeblog wrote:

Oh my gosh, your dining room us stunning! Such decor goals! The tray from Kirkland’s is such a cute find!

Posted 3.11.20 Reply

I absolutely love this entertainment space. Your dining room is beautiful and the decor is stunning. And now I’m totally craving blueberry muffins. Those are making me drool on my laptop haha!

Posted 3.11.20 Reply
  6. Looking forward to getting my spring cleaning on and refreshing my space. Love the details in yours! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 3.12.20 Reply
  7. Caitlin wrote:

Those muffins look delish! I love your table setting and blue dining room walls!

Posted 3.12.20 Reply
  8. I saw those yummy muffins on your Instagram post yesterday and was immediately wanting to try and make these! I am definitely going to try and bake these over the rainy weekend we’re going to have!

Posted 3.12.20 Reply
  9. Greta wrote:

Such a pretty space! The walls are such a gorgeous shade of blue.

Posted 3.13.20 Reply
  10. Hillary wrote:

What a cute tablescape!! Not to mention those muffins look seriously so good!

Posted 3.13.20 Reply
  11. Emely wrote:

Your dining area is beautiful. Perfect for brunch. Those blueberries look delish. Your decor is so beautiful.

Posted 3.14.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬