Things I’m Doing While Social Distancing

How is everyone doing this week? Last week was a crazy one and my emotions were all over the place, so I’m happy for a new week, even if it means another week spent at home. Sure, this time is incredibly scary and overwhelming, but I’m doing my best to stay positive and make the best of it. Doing our part to stay home and remain positive is all we can do at this point, right? So as we enter another full week of social distancing I thought it would be fun to share what I’m doing during this time! I would love to hear how you have been spending your time while social distancing! Stay safe & healthy, friends!

Things I’m doing while social distancing

1. WORKING.  I have been working from home for over four years, so this doesn’t change my normal day-to-day life as much as others who are now working from home indefinitely. I have had to shift things a bit in my content since I can’t go out and shoot my normal content as often, but otherwise it’s business as usual for me over here. As a small business, the effects of COVID definitely scare me and leave me feeling overwhelmed about my business somedays though.
  2. READING. Reading has always been something I make time to do, but now more than ever, I am leaning on books as an escape. I have been limiting the amount of news and social media I take in, so reading has been a great way to feel productive with that extra time! I’m currently reading This Is Not How It Ends and My Dark Vanessa. I shared some great spring books to read last week & I’ll have a new book review post up for you by the end of this week! I encourage you to grab one of those books that have been sitting on your shelf for a while! A lot of independent bookstores are doing curbside pickups (which is great to support a local business). If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, there are plenty of free books through Amazon Prime or you can download the Kindle app to any device to read! I also use the Libby app through my local library to read e-books sometimes.
  3. ORGANIZING. Every spring I like to do a bit of spring cleaning and get everything organized better. Now that we have a baby on the way this summer I am in full blown nesting mode trying to make space for all things baby & get his nursery going! We have ordered a few things, but still need to order all the big furniture pieces soon.
  4. HOME PROJECTS. Like I mentioned above, we have a nursery to get ready and it’s currently still set up for an extra guest room! Over the next few weeks we plan to do some painting in there, move the furniture & do a few other home projects. I have a vintage desk that I want to paint (with Clare’s non-toxic paint!) to put in our other guest room!
  5. PLAYING GAMES. Growing up I used to love playing board games and we’re totally bringing that back in the Wilkinson household! A few of our favorite games include Monopoly Deal, UNO, and Scrabble! We’re both competitive, so it’s a great way to have fun & take our minds off of everything that’s going on.
  6. EXERCISING. Even though local gyms are closed, that’s not stopping us from working out. We love going for neighborhood walks with Avett every day. So many apps are offering free months, so be sure to take advantage. A few that I love are the Obé fitness app, Tone It Up, Pure Barre, and Peloton but there are so many more!
  7. FACETIMING FRIENDS. It’s really hard to not be able to see friends, but I know it’s the right thing to do in order to flatten the curve, so like many people, we have set up FaceTime dates to catch up! We are also moving our in person book club meeting to online & I think we’re going to try to do Zoom for it so we can all see each other and chat about the book!

have a great, healthy & safe week!

1. Lizzie wrote:

These are such great tips for making the most of your time! Hope you stay safe and well <3

Lizzie

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  2. This is definitely such a strange and hard time. I’m trying to set goals I want to accomplish each day.

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  3. Lee wrote:

Facetiming has made SUCH a difference during this time! My partner and i are facetiming both his parents and my parents at least once a week and we’ve had facetime dinner/drinks with friends a couple nights!
    Lee

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  4. Marlene wrote:

Love to see how others are using their time, thanks for sharing these ideas! I have been loving the Peleton app too.

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  5. Kileen wrote:

Sounds like you’re keeping busy and productive during this crazy time!

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  6. I’ve definitely been doing more organizing projects at home and loving the results…silver linings! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 3.25.20 Reply

Sounds like we’re doing pretty much the same things – except I could swap exercising for watching tv (oops). And I’m trying to do more cooking and baking. Either way, we’re making the most of our time at home together.

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  8. Laura Leigh wrote:

A great list of things to do! Sounds like you’re making the best of it for sure. We are been playing a lot of games as well and planning out some home projects. Excited to have the time honestly to dedicate to those!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  9. Caley wrote:

Such an awesome list! Enjoy this quiet time before baby comes too – and looking forward to more book reviews and recommendations x

Posted 3.26.20 Reply
  10. Nonee N wrote:

These are such great tips! Unfortunately, I’m an essential worker as an APRN in a busy ICU in the tri-state area 😩 all my colleagues are so stressed! What excellent tips when I’m home though! thanks 😊

Posted 3.29.20 Reply
  11. Carrington wrote:

Yesss girl! I spent all weekend organizating and facetiming people lol. It was honestly really nice to get to catch up with people and I also felt productive doing things around the house! Xx.

Posted 3.29.20 Reply
  12. Renee wrote:

These are really great tips! I discovered the Peloton app I’m excited to give it a try.

Posted 3.30.20 Reply

• I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness
  • What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine?! 💕 A few things I’m looking forward to (full list on lifewithemilyblog.com):
•seeing our friends & family
•date nights & eating at our favorite local spots again 🍽 hoping we can squeeze in a few date nights while it’s just the 2 of us!
•getting my hair cut & my nails done 💇🏼‍♀️💅🏻My hair was in desperate need of a trim before... now it’s just embarrassing 😂

Shop this look here: http://liketk.it/2OOhX @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #pinkblushmaternity #pinkblush #pregnant #30weekspregnant #30weeks #pregnancystyle #maternitystyle #bumpstyle #stylethebump
  • 30 week “bumpdate”💙 it’s hard to believe that we will be meeting our little one in 10 weeks or less! 👶🏻I can’t believe just how quickly time has flown by!
•Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe this week 🍈 + measures roughly 16in & 3lbs
•He is moving around like CRAZY lately! One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch/feel him moving.
• I am in full nesting mode! We are still working on his nursery but it’s quickly becoming my fav room in the house!
• We have been soaking up all of this time just the two of us during quarantine! We’ve been giving 🐶&🐱sooo much attention since we know their life is going to change drastically in July!

#bumpdate #30weeks #30weekspregnant #bumpstyle #stylethebump #maternitystyle #boymom #babyboy #momtobe #mama #pregnantblogger #expecting #bump #thebump #pregnant #pregnancyannouncement #mamatobe