How is everyone doing this week? Last week was a crazy one and my emotions were all over the place, so I’m happy for a new week, even if it means another week spent at home. Sure, this time is incredibly scary and overwhelming, but I’m doing my best to stay positive and make the best of it. Doing our part to stay home and remain positive is all we can do at this point, right? So as we enter another full week of social distancing I thought it would be fun to share what I’m doing during this time! I would love to hear how you have been spending your time while social distancing! Stay safe & healthy, friends!
Things I’m doing while social distancing
- WORKING. I have been working from home for over four years, so this doesn’t change my normal day-to-day life as much as others who are now working from home indefinitely. I have had to shift things a bit in my content since I can’t go out and shoot my normal content as often, but otherwise it’s business as usual for me over here. As a small business, the effects of COVID definitely scare me and leave me feeling overwhelmed about my business somedays though.
- READING. Reading has always been something I make time to do, but now more than ever, I am leaning on books as an escape. I have been limiting the amount of news and social media I take in, so reading has been a great way to feel productive with that extra time! I’m currently reading This Is Not How It Ends and My Dark Vanessa. I shared some great spring books to read last week & I’ll have a new book review post up for you by the end of this week! I encourage you to grab one of those books that have been sitting on your shelf for a while! A lot of independent bookstores are doing curbside pickups (which is great to support a local business). If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, there are plenty of free books through Amazon Prime or you can download the Kindle app to any device to read! I also use the Libby app through my local library to read e-books sometimes.
- ORGANIZING. Every spring I like to do a bit of spring cleaning and get everything organized better. Now that we have a baby on the way this summer I am in full blown nesting mode trying to make space for all things baby & get his nursery going! We have ordered a few things, but still need to order all the big furniture pieces soon.
- HOME PROJECTS. Like I mentioned above, we have a nursery to get ready and it’s currently still set up for an extra guest room! Over the next few weeks we plan to do some painting in there, move the furniture & do a few other home projects. I have a vintage desk that I want to paint (with Clare’s non-toxic paint!) to put in our other guest room!
- PLAYING GAMES. Growing up I used to love playing board games and we’re totally bringing that back in the Wilkinson household! A few of our favorite games include Monopoly Deal, UNO, and Scrabble! We’re both competitive, so it’s a great way to have fun & take our minds off of everything that’s going on.
- EXERCISING. Even though local gyms are closed, that’s not stopping us from working out. We love going for neighborhood walks with Avett every day. So many apps are offering free months, so be sure to take advantage. A few that I love are the Obé fitness app, Tone It Up, Pure Barre, and Peloton but there are so many more!
- FACETIMING FRIENDS. It’s really hard to not be able to see friends, but I know it’s the right thing to do in order to flatten the curve, so like many people, we have set up FaceTime dates to catch up! We are also moving our in person book club meeting to online & I think we’re going to try to do Zoom for it so we can all see each other and chat about the book!