Things I’m Doing While Social Distancing

How is everyone doing this week? Last week was a crazy one and my emotions were all over the place, so I’m happy for a new week, even if it means another week spent at home. Sure, this time is incredibly scary and overwhelming, but I’m doing my best to stay positive and make the best of it. Doing our part to stay home and remain positive is all we can do at this point, right? So as we enter another full week of social distancing I thought it would be fun to share what I’m doing during this time! I would love to hear how you have been spending your time while social distancing! Stay safe & healthy, friends!

Things I’m doing while social distancing

1. WORKING.  I have been working from home for over four years, so this doesn’t change my normal day-to-day life as much as others who are now working from home indefinitely. I have had to shift things a bit in my content since I can’t go out and shoot my normal content as often, but otherwise it’s business as usual for me over here. As a small business, the effects of COVID definitely scare me and leave me feeling overwhelmed about my business somedays though.
  2. READING. Reading has always been something I make time to do, but now more than ever, I am leaning on books as an escape. I have been limiting the amount of news and social media I take in, so reading has been a great way to feel productive with that extra time! I’m currently reading This Is Not How It Ends and My Dark Vanessa. I shared some great spring books to read last week & I’ll have a new book review post up for you by the end of this week! I encourage you to grab one of those books that have been sitting on your shelf for a while! A lot of independent bookstores are doing curbside pickups (which is great to support a local business). If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, there are plenty of free books through Amazon Prime or you can download the Kindle app to any device to read! I also use the Libby app through my local library to read e-books sometimes.
  3. ORGANIZING. Every spring I like to do a bit of spring cleaning and get everything organized better. Now that we have a baby on the way this summer I am in full blown nesting mode trying to make space for all things baby & get his nursery going! We have ordered a few things, but still need to order all the big furniture pieces soon.
  4. HOME PROJECTS. Like I mentioned above, we have a nursery to get ready and it’s currently still set up for an extra guest room! Over the next few weeks we plan to do some painting in there, move the furniture & do a few other home projects. I have a vintage desk that I want to paint (with Clare’s non-toxic paint!) to put in our other guest room!
  5. PLAYING GAMES. Growing up I used to love playing board games and we’re totally bringing that back in the Wilkinson household! A few of our favorite games include Monopoly Deal, UNO, and Scrabble! We’re both competitive, so it’s a great way to have fun & take our minds off of everything that’s going on.
  6. EXERCISING. Even though local gyms are closed, that’s not stopping us from working out. We love going for neighborhood walks with Avett every day. So many apps are offering free months, so be sure to take advantage. A few that I love are the Obé fitness app, Tone It Up, Pure Barre, and Peloton but there are so many more!
  7. FACETIMING FRIENDS. It’s really hard to not be able to see friends, but I know it’s the right thing to do in order to flatten the curve, so like many people, we have set up FaceTime dates to catch up! We are also moving our in person book club meeting to online & I think we’re going to try to do Zoom for it so we can all see each other and chat about the book!

have a great, healthy & safe week!

1. Lizzie wrote:

These are such great tips for making the most of your time! Hope you stay safe and well <3

Lizzie

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  2. This is definitely such a strange and hard time. I’m trying to set goals I want to accomplish each day.

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  3. Lee wrote:

Facetiming has made SUCH a difference during this time! My partner and i are facetiming both his parents and my parents at least once a week and we’ve had facetime dinner/drinks with friends a couple nights!
    Lee

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  4. Marlene wrote:

Love to see how others are using their time, thanks for sharing these ideas! I have been loving the Peleton app too.

Posted 3.24.20 Reply
  5. Kileen wrote:

Sounds like you’re keeping busy and productive during this crazy time!

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  6. I’ve definitely been doing more organizing projects at home and loving the results…silver linings! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 3.25.20 Reply

Sounds like we’re doing pretty much the same things – except I could swap exercising for watching tv (oops). And I’m trying to do more cooking and baking. Either way, we’re making the most of our time at home together.

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  8. Laura Leigh wrote:

A great list of things to do! Sounds like you’re making the best of it for sure. We are been playing a lot of games as well and planning out some home projects. Excited to have the time honestly to dedicate to those!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 3.25.20 Reply
  9. Caley wrote:

Such an awesome list! Enjoy this quiet time before baby comes too – and looking forward to more book reviews and recommendations x

Posted 3.26.20 Reply
  10. Nonee N wrote:

These are such great tips! Unfortunately, I’m an essential worker as an APRN in a busy ICU in the tri-state area 😩 all my colleagues are so stressed! What excellent tips when I’m home though! thanks 😊

Posted 3.29.20 Reply
  11. Carrington wrote:

Yesss girl! I spent all weekend organizating and facetiming people lol. It was honestly really nice to get to catch up with people and I also felt productive doing things around the house! Xx.

Posted 3.29.20 Reply
  12. Renee wrote:

These are really great tips! I discovered the Peloton app I’m excited to give it a try.

Posted 3.30.20 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬