baby boy Wilkinson nursery inspiration

I cannot believe that in a little over three months our baby boy will be here! Over the last few weeks we have been cleaning out our second guest room so that it can be transitioned into a nursery! As soon as we found out we were having a baby boy we started gathering inspiration for the nursery. I wanted the nursery to be calming and serene and flow well with the rest of our home. Today I’m excited to share our inspiration board for our nursery! I can’t wait to see it all come together!

baby boy neutral nursery inspiration

Once we found out we were having a boy, we got to brainstorming how we envisioned the nursery! We created a secret board on Pinterest and started saving everything that caught our eye. We knew we wanted the space to be pretty neutral so that he could grow into the space & so it could be used as a nursery again in the future. I loved the look of bead board, so my dad will be coming up to help us install that soon. We will be doing white bead board on the bottom half of the wall and painting the top half grey! We’re using Clare paint because it can be delivered right to our door. They’re also a zero VOC, non-toxic paint brand & it’s safe for me to use while pregnant. The bead board is aesthetically pleasing, but it’s also easy to clean which will be great with a toddler in the future! Right now the room is a blank slate (with a LOT of random baby stuff thrown in there!) but I can’t wait to see it come together.

We liked the idea of keeping the space pretty neutral. I kept gravitating to wood decor items and touches of blue, so we will be adding those here and there. I have slowly been researching and finding items that I like for his room. So far we have ordered this convertible crib, the baby animal artwork, and will be ordering this dresser this week. I have also been picking up things as I found them like this mirror, this blanket ladder (for extra blankets & swaddles)and these buffalo check curtains. Right now we’re in a bit of limbo as certain brands & companies aren’t shipping items due to COVID-19! I keep checking back to see if this glider & ottoman combo is available to ship because the second it is, it’s getting ordered! Over the next few weeks we hope to make progress in this space, so I’ll be sure to take you along on IG stories!

sources

4-in-1 convertible crib | polka dot pillow | Burt’s Bees Baby crib sheet | Serena & Lily quilt | wooden block set (also love this set) | acrylic book shelves | blanket ladder | wooden floor lamp | Serena & Lily lidded basket | wooden table lamp | assorted sizes baskets | baby animal artwork | blue buffalo check curtains | personalized pillow | wooden circle mirror | white dresser (will likely switch out the knobs) | neutral braided rug | cream glider and storage ottoman

1. Tanvi Rastogi wrote:

Everything looks super cute. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. You have a great eye for detail.

Posted 4.7.20 Reply
  2. What a cute idea with gingham curtains! I love it!

Posted 4.7.20 Reply

I’ve got to say those little animal prints are my favorite ever. They’re tempting to get for my own home – even though I have no kids. They’re just too cute for words. I can’t wait to see the entire space once it’s put together!

Posted 4.7.20 Reply
  4. Greta wrote:

So many great neutrals here! Can’t wait to see your nursery come to life!

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  5. Everything looks so pretty…the animal prints are the cutest!! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  6. Anna English wrote:

Those prints are the cutest and will make a perfect gallery wall!

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  7. This is all going to look so cute!! Those framed animal pictures are absolutely adorable!

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  8. Jamaria wrote:

Awww! The nursery is going to be so adorable! I know you are just counting down the days! 🙂 xo

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  9. Lizzie wrote:

These are so cute! Love your picks. I can’t wait to see how everything turns out!

Lizzie

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  10. Mollie wrote:

I LOVE a neutral nursery! I find it so calming and makes for an easy transition should another one come along 😉 Love the pops of light blue!

xx Mollie

Posted 4.8.20 Reply
  11. I am just so excited for y’all!! I love this nursery mood board. Those animal prints are my absolute favorite! I want them and I don’t even have kids!

Posted 4.9.20 Reply
  12. Rachel wrote:

Clare paint is the best! We used it in both our living room and bedroom and loved how well it covered our walls.

Loving all of this baby boy inspo – the animal pictures are so darling.

Rachel

Posted 4.9.20 Reply
  13. Laura Leigh wrote:

I love everything! Literally everything! I cannot wait to see it all come together!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 4.10.20 Reply
  14. Ada wrote:

Designing a nursery sounds like such a fun project right now, and I’m just so excited for you!

Posted 4.11.20 Reply
  15. Naiomi wrote:

So many fun finds. Can’t wait for you to share the space once it’s done. 🙂

Posted 4.28.20 Reply