Breakfast has always been one of my favorite meals. I am all about a big, hearty breakfast complete with sweet and savory items! We have our go-to breakfast items that we love to make, but during quarantine we have been experimenting with new recipes a bit!
About a month ago we decided to try a new recipe from items we already had on hand! We found a recipe for Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole from Like Mother, Like Daughter & then later my friend Carly from Fifth & Rose also shared it so we decided to give it a try! Since trying it for the first time we have made it two more times because it’s so easy & delicious! If you’re looking for a new breakfast dish to try this weekend, be sure to bookmark this one!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
We are so happy that we tried this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe. It’s a really easy breakfast dish to make and it’s a nice change to our normal “big” breakfasts that take a while to make! I think this dish would be a great dish to make for brunch or for a holiday. I can definitely see us making this for Christmas morning in the future! Since it’s just Nick and I we cut the recipe in half and it was a perfect size for the two of us! P.S. sorry there aren’t more photos! I quickly snapped this the last time we made it.
- 2tbs melted butter
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls (we used Pillsbury brand)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- syrup & fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread melted butter along the bottom of your 9×13″ pan
- cut cinnamon rolls into small pieces and spread evenly to cover the bottom of the dish. I found it’s best to cut each roll in 6-8 small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Once combined pour the mixture evenly over the cinnamon rolls pieces in the dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Our halved recipe takes about 20 minutes to bake fully.
- Let cool for a few minutes before spreading the icing over top of the casserole.
- If you’d like you can also add syrup and fresh berries on top!
- serve & enjoy