All Dressed Up with Nowhere to Go

These days I am looking for any excuse to change out of my leggings and cozy sweatshirts and into “normal” clothes! Whether I’m running to the doctor’s office or to pick up takeout, I will happily use any excuse to get dressed up… even if I have nowhere special to go! I got this navy pinstripe dress right before quarantine started and I’m happy I was able to wear it once before the stay-at-home order kicked in! We are having our “drive by” baby shower in June and I might just wear this blue dress for the occasion! I thought it looked so cute paired with these platform sandals but would look great with other sandals or heels, too! P.S. This dress is technically maternity, but you can definitely wear it even if you aren’t pregnant! I plan on wearing this after baby boy arrives.

NAVY PINSTRIPE SMOCKED DRESS (also love this smocked dress) | PLATFORM ESPADRILLE SANDALS | QUAY SUNGLASSESMONOGRAM NECKLACE

Shop the post

1. Lee wrote:

Such a beautiful dress! and i;ve been the same – getting very dressed up just to go to the grocery store lol! It feels nice to get dressed and feel like things are normal!

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
  2. Rachel Martin wrote:

This dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I am so excited for the warm weather, even if that means the only place I’m wearing cute dresses is to take the dog out!

Rachel

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
  3. this is another adorable dress on you~!~ it definitely feels good to get dressed, even if its just for a few hours!

xx rebecca// http://www.rebeccapiersol.me

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
  4. Jamaria wrote:

What a pretty dress! Getting dressed up gives us a sense of normalcy so I am here for it!

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
  5. You look beautiful! Such a great dress for your growing belly!

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
  6. Ada wrote:

I’m with you on this. I just get dressed up for TikTok or IG, because why the heck not!? I need to go through my dresses because I think I have a dress similar to this one, and I love the detailing maternity or not!

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
  7. Such a cute dress…even prettier with your bump! xoxo, Sarah

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
  8. Amanda wrote:

This outfit is so cute for summer! Hopefully you’ll have somewhere to wear it too soon 🙂

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
  9. The title of this blog post is SO adorable! Just like your navy pinstriped bump!

Posted 5.22.20 Reply
  10. Love your dress. And I can so relate to this article. A reason to get ready is what I’m also looking for in these times.

Posted 5.24.20 Reply
  11. Laura Leigh wrote:

Aw you look absolutely beautiful Emily! Love this sweet dress on you!

xo Laura Leigh

Posted 5.28.20 Reply

• I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness
  • What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine?! 💕 A few things I’m looking forward to (full list on lifewithemilyblog.com):
•seeing our friends & family
•date nights & eating at our favorite local spots again 🍽 hoping we can squeeze in a few date nights while it’s just the 2 of us!
•getting my hair cut & my nails done 💇🏼‍♀️💅🏻My hair was in desperate need of a trim before... now it’s just embarrassing 😂

Shop this look here: http://liketk.it/2OOhX @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #pinkblushmaternity #pinkblush #pregnant #30weekspregnant #30weeks #pregnancystyle #maternitystyle #bumpstyle #stylethebump
  • 30 week “bumpdate”💙 it’s hard to believe that we will be meeting our little one in 10 weeks or less! 👶🏻I can’t believe just how quickly time has flown by!
•Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe this week 🍈 + measures roughly 16in & 3lbs
•He is moving around like CRAZY lately! One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch/feel him moving.
• I am in full nesting mode! We are still working on his nursery but it’s quickly becoming my fav room in the house!
• We have been soaking up all of this time just the two of us during quarantine! We’ve been giving 🐶&🐱sooo much attention since we know their life is going to change drastically in July!

#bumpdate #30weeks #30weekspregnant #bumpstyle #stylethebump #maternitystyle #boymom #babyboy #momtobe #mama #pregnantblogger #expecting #bump #thebump #pregnant #pregnancyannouncement #mamatobe