I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I’m almost 35 weeks pregnant and in just over a month we will be welcoming our son to the world! Prior to getting pregnant I was really scared of what it would be like. There were so many unknowns in my mind when it came to pregnancy, along with being terrified of the doctor. But honestly, I have loved being pregnant.
I feel lucky that I have had a relatively “easy” pregnancy and at 34 weeks we have a healthy baby boy growing inside of me. Since I only have a few more weeks of being pregnant, I thought I would share some of my favorite pregnancy purchases that I have made over the last 8 months. If you’re pregnant or TTC, I highly recommend grabbing these items. And if you have a pregnant friend, I can assure you that she will appreciate you getting some of these things for her. So, let’s get started!
my favorite pregnancy purchases
- PREGNANCY PILLOW | I naively thought I could go my entire pregnancy without needing to purchase a pregnancy pillow! I assumed I would be fine just having a pillow between my legs, but boy was I wrong! When I got to 22 weeks my sleeping changed. I could no longer sleep on my back & I kept waking up really sore and really uncomfortable. I decided to bite the bullet and order this pregnancy pillow. GAME CHANGER! It is so comfortable and I sleep so much better with it. I liked this one because of the U shape and that one side can be unzipped.
- MAYO CLINIC’S GUIDE TO A HEALTHY PREGNANCY BOOK | This was one of the first pregnancy books I ordered. I had read bits and pieces of What to Expect and honestly I didn’t care for it. I felt like What to Expect didn’t go below the surface on a lot of things newly pregnant women need to know. They also shared a lot of “scary” stories which I didn’t appreciate. I felt like the Mayo Clinic’s Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy was a really useful and informative guide of week-by-week changes while also preparing me for the different kinds of labor/delivery I may experience.
- EXPECTING BETTER BY EMILY OSTER | I cannot recommend this book by Emily Oster enough! This book is full of data-driven information about pregnancy. She goes really in depth and presents data about every major decision you’ll need to make during pregnancy – from drinking coffee to being induced – and encourages you to make the best decision for YOU based on that evidence!
- BLANQI SUPPORT TANK | I purchased this support tank right before my third trimester and it has come SO in handy! It has a built-in belly support panel along with ribbed compression bands in the front and back. Thus has helped alleviate lower back pain and pelvic pressure.
- SUPERGOOP LIP BALM | My lips have been extra dry this pregnancy, so I have made sure to have my go-to lip balm in every room and with me all the time! This is for sure getting packed in my hospital bag!
- BIO-OIL | I have been using this to help prevent stretch marks as well as to keep my skin hydrated since it’s a bit tighter now.
- BURT’S BEES MAMA BEE BELLY BUTTER | This thick, moisturizing butter paired with the Bio-Oil is great for keeping your skin (belly, thighs, etc.) feeling hydrated as those areas stretch to accommodate baby! I really like using this belly butter at night so it can soak in overnight!
- PAJAMA SET | I love a good matching pajama set and I’ve been living in this set throughout my pregnancy! I sized up to a small and they still fit!
- TUMS SMOOTHIES | helllllo heartburn! I make sure I have Tums on me at all times these days. I swear the smoothies Tums work SO much faster too!
- YETI TUMBLER | I drink so much water throughout the day, so I love having a large tumbler to keep my water cold!
- HONEST COMPANY EPSOM SOAKING SALTS | I have always loved taking baths, but now that I’m dealing with sore hips, restless legs, and lower back pain I love them even more! At night I either use these soaking salts or Dr. Teal’s lavender soaking salts to provide a bit more comfort. I use this time to read a little bit and relax before bed.
- NATURAL VITALITY CALM MAGNESIUM SUPPLEMENT | I have used this magnesium supplement for a few years but it’s been particularly helpful for all those pesky pregnancy symptoms like restless legs, headaches, and constipation (just being honest here… pregnancy isn’t at all glamorous!) I try to drink a few glasses a week, especially if I am having these symptoms!
- KIEHL’S ULTIMATE STRENGTH HAND CREAM | Dry hands are another symptom of pregnancy I wasn’t prepared for, so I’m glad I have this hand cream. I heard dry hands are a side effect of having a boy but who knows if that’s true.
- BLANQI MATERNITY LEGGINGS | While I love my Lululemon align leggings, I’m really glad that I got these. They’re great for working out or lounging around the house. The built in belly support is really nice to have.
- OVIA PREGNANCY APP | Ok, so this isn’t a “purchase” but it’s been something I have used every single day since becoming pregnant. There are SO many apps out there but I found this one to have the best features & the most informative. I love the weekly updates (and seeing the little hands/feet growing with each week) and the articles that they post. The app has food safety and medication safety lookup. I found that really helpful, especially in the first trimester when I wasn’t sure what was “ok” to eat/take! Now I’m really loving the kick counter portion of the app. I can easily document baby’s movements and track it for when I see the doctor! I will definitely be downloading the Ovia Parenting app soon!
- INGRID & ISABEL BELLABAND | These belly bands came in handy during the first and second trimester when my pants weren’t buttoning and zipping anymore but I wasn’t quite ready for maternity bottoms! I still use them every once in a while for shorts and jeans!
- WIRELESS BRALETTES | No time for wires, y’all! I have been living in wireless bralettes these days and I don’t hate it one bit! These are so comfortable and worked well with growing, sore breasts!
- WOMEN’S ONE-A-DAY PRENATAL VITAMINS | I have been using Women’s One-a-Day for a long time, so when it came to taking prenatal vitamins starting last April, I continued with the same brand. These have worked really well for me and I have never felt nauseous after taking them! I figured why mess with what works, you know?!