Since I have been spending a lot of time at home during quarantine, I have quickly come to realize the household items I am constantly using and couldn’t live without! I never realized how often I used some of them until it came to the extra time spent at home! Today I wanted to share the twelve items I am constantly using around the house with you & I would love to hear your must-have household items,, too!
the household items I can’t live without
- NESPRESSO MACHINE | We originally got this Nespresso machine about five years ago and upgraded to this machine after getting married. I cannot recommend getting a Nespresso machine enough, it’s a total game changer when it comes to making coffee and lattes! I save so much money because I’m not running to Starbucks anymore!
- PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER | I love having this portable bluetooth speaker because we can bring it anywhere with us, whether we’re hanging out on our screened in porch or working on a home project! I like to use it when getting ready to listen to podcasts and when I’m cleaning around the house!
- CHAPPYWRAP BLANKET | I got my first ChappyWrap blanket earlier this year and the hype is real! Their blankets are so soft, wash well (no piling!) and are the perfect weight for each season. Our animals love getting cuddled up with them too!
- METAL STRAWS | I don’t use straws a ton around the house, but when I do I use these reusable metal straws. They’re BPA-free, easy to clean & dishwasher safe. Plus, I feel better knowing I’m not using a plastic straw! I love using these with my yeti tumbler.
- MELAMINE MIXING BOWLS | We registered for these bowls when we got married and we use them ALL the time. They’re great to use when prepping meals and for storing food! We also have the stainless steel stackable mixing bowls that we love and use often too!
- YETI TUMBLER | I constantly have my tumbler with me and it helps remind me to drink water throughout the day! I even keep one on my bedside at night so that if I wake up thirsty I have ice cold water at the ready!
- IROBOT ROOMBA VACUUM | We got this for Christmas a few years ago and it’s a great additional vacuum to have. We keep ours downstairs and run it a few times a week to help with pet hair. I definitely don’t think this could be used as the sole vacuum in a home, but it’s a good additional vacuum to help with all the hair!
- ICE ROLLER | I have written about my love for the ice roller many times, but I’m sharing it again because it’s that good! I love using it when I have headaches, muscle aches, or when my face is feeling a little puffy! It’s come in handy during this pregnancy especially!
- DYSON CORDLESS PET VACUUM | This cordless pet vacuum from Dyson might be our most used item on the list! It does a fantastic job of sucking up everything, especially pet hair! We have had it for about three years and have been so impressed with it! The attachments allow us to use it on our floors, furniture, etc. The battery lasts about 40 minutes, so long enough to get most of our house vacuumed.
- PET HAIR REMOVER GLOVE | If you have animals that shed, you must order this glove! Our animals aren’t big fans of our regular pet brushes, but they don’t mind the glove! It gets off SO much hair and it’s easy to clean.
- FOLEX CARPET CLEANER & STAIN REMOVER | If you order one thing off of this list, make it this stain remover! It’s like magic, seriously! The first weekend we moved into our home I spilled red wine on our carpet (!!!) and after spraying this on it, the stain came right up! We use it for everything and it works on almost every surface too!
- MAGNASONIC JEWELRY CLEANER | Since I haven’t been able to take my rings to the jeweler to get cleaned, I have been using my electric jewelry cleaner a lot more the last few months! I use this cleaner with it and it makes all of my jewelry sparkle! I am always surprised at just how much dirt and stuff that gets lodged in the crevices of my jewelry!