As I have gotten older I have become very picky about shorts. My legs, and in particular my thighs, have never been something I have liked to show off, so I am very particular about the shorts I wear! When it comes to denim shorts I prefer ones that are a bit longer. Needless to say, I have spent a lot of time searching for shorts that fit the bill and even more time returning ones that ended up being fails! Today I wanted to round up the denim shorts that are in my closet that check all the boxes for me and hopefully will for you, too!
The Best Denim Shorts Around the Web
- AGOLDE DEE HIGH RISE SHORTS | These shorts are everywhere and for good reason! They are so comfortable, have a great wash and are a nice length. Sizing can be a bit tricky for this brand and in this style I typically wear a size 25.
- AGOLDE DEE SUPER HIGH RISE SHORTS | These are very similar to the Dee shorts, but these are a higher rise. I love that these don’t have any distressing on them. Since these have a higher rise I size up to a 26 in them.
- DL1961 BOYFRIEND SHORTS | I actually have the maternity version of these and loved the fit! The length was really nice, especially for a pair of maternity shorts and I liked that they weren’t tight around my thighs.
- LEVI’S 501 LONG SHORTS | I was hesitant to try Levi’s because they don’t have much stretch, but I sized up in these and ended up really liking them. You can uncut these shorts for a longer look, too.
- ABERCROMBIE MOM SHORTS | I got these shorts last summer and they are hands down my favorite affordable shorts. They are a 4 inch length and they have the perfect amount of stretch!
- MADEWELL RELAXED HIGH RISE SHORTS | Madewell always kills it in the denim game & their denim shorts don’t disappoint! I love how stretchy these are. I feel like I can do any activity with ease in these!
- MADEWELL BUTTON FRONT SHORTS | Similar to the above shorts, I love the exposed button front of these! They’re really comfortable and the buttons add a fun touch to any outfit.
- ABERCROMBIE BOYFRIEND SHORTS | These were the first shorts from Abercrombie that I tried a few years ago and I love the boyfriend, relaxed style of these. I typically wear a 24 or 25 in their shorts depending on the style.