It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here!
How was everyone’s August? Did it seem like this month flew by for anyone else? I swear it’s like I blinked and the entire month had passed. I guess that’s what happens when you have a newborn and everything is a bit of a blur! This month was pretty low-key for us as we adjusted to our first month as a family of three. I pretty much lived in lululemon leggings and t-shirts and only left the house a few times other than to go on walks or take Noah to the pediatrician. We’re still being extra cautious due to Covid and having a newborn, but we did get out a few times, which was much needed! I went to Target alone last week for the first time since probably April and I walked every single aisle haha! It was nice to get out and peruse the aisles for a little bit. My parents came over last weekend to watch Noah so that Nick and I could have a brunch date at one of our favorite local restaurants, GIA. It was our first date in a while and we had a great time! Of course we talked about Noah a lot and couldn’t wait to get back to him but it was nice to get out of the house just the two of us.
Noah is a now six weeks old and it’s hard to imagine our life without him now. He is such a good baby and we are so proud of how well he is doing! Every day he is growing and changing before our eyes. It’s one of the most amazing things to see him start to discover things. We did our newborn photos this past weekend and I can’t wait to get them back and share with y’all!
books I read this month
Everyone told me that once I had a baby I would have no time to read. Every time someone said that I kind of rolled my eyes (don’t steal my joy, people haha!) and I’m happy to report that as of now that’s not true. I still find plenty of time to read. For me reading is how I unwind and it’s a form of self-care so I have made sure to find time to read, even if it’s a few pages! This month I read seven books and really enjoyed The Night Swim the most! I’ll have a full post up later this week with the reviews!
what I purchased
a pack & play | We got this for our downstairs area for Noah. I like that this one has a changer & a bassinet… and isn’t a total eyesore!
this floral dress | I wore this for some of our newborn photos. It looks so much more expensive than it is & the print is gorgeous.
this iPhone case | mine was breaking and chipped, so I ordered this one! It comes in so many colors.
a fur remover broom | if you have animals that shed BUY THIS & thank me later! This is a game changer for rugs and carpets that vacuums can’t get well. It’s equal parts disgusting and satisfying how much hair it gets up!
favorite blog posts on Life with Emily
Noah James Wilkinson’s Birth Story | sharing details from welcoming our sweet son into this world.
Items Worth the Hype from the Nordstrom Sale | even though the #NSale is over, these items will be great to scoop up for fall!
One month with Noah | sharing an update on the first four weeks with a newborn.
favorite posts I read this month
Wine Tasting 101 | Alicia breaks down all the wine tasting basics! Can’t wait to get back to wineries!
How to Give Yourself a Facial Pressure Massage | learned some great tips from Grace!
Black Owned or Founded Brands at target | going to check out a few of these next time I’m at Target!
current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: I have been loving the Essie Gel Couture line. I haven’t gone to get my nails done since February and this line has been a game changer for my at-home mani! My current favorites are Pre-Show Jitters and Stitch by Stitch.
- CLOTHING: I have been loving these biker shorts, they’re perfect for walks when it’s super hot!
- TV SHOWS: I started watching Selling Sunset this month. I love Million Dollar Listing, so I knew this would be right up my alley… I just wish they showed more of the houses too!
- AUDIOBIOOK: I listened to American Royals this month in anticipation of the newest book in the series, Majesty! It ended on a cliffhanger and since I had read quite a few “royal” books recently I wanted to do a quick re-read so I could recall all the characters and their story lines!
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m finishing up Majesty & I’m also reading Girls of Summer! I’m trying to get in a few more “summer” reads before I move on to my fall books!