It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here!
We’re almost in mid-November, so better late than never on my October recap, right? For some reason October felt like a whirlwind. This month we spent a lot of time outdoors because the weather was so nice. We went on a lot of walks as a family & spent a lot of time playing outside with Avett! Avett also went to a two-week board and train program in October to help with leash training, basic commands & some behavioral issues (like jumping, etc). We missed him so much, but his training was so helpful and we are glad we did it.
Nick and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary this month. I can’t believe it’s already been three years. Year three was pretty great even though most of the year was spent in quarantine due to COVID. This year we have gotten to spend extra time together & our relationship has only become stronger because of it! We also became parents to our greatest joy, Noah, this year! It’s crazy to think how much can change in just a years time.
Noah turned three months old on the 21st and he’s doing so well! He is laughing like crazy now, smiling non-stop and he’s an all around happy baby. Every single day he seems to grow and change. Perhaps the most amazing thing about having a child is seeing them learn and discover new things. I’m really looking forward to the holidays with him! And speaking of holidays, this month we celebrated his first Halloween with him! We took him to the pumpkin patch and got him his first pumpkin. I feel like I totally failed at his first Halloween because we didn’t dress up (ugh COVID), but he still looked so cute in his Skeleton footie that my friend Caroline let us borrow!
books I read this month
I didn’t get a lot of reading done this month, but I did manage to read four books (you can see them in my October book review). I think In a Holidaze would be a perfect read for the upcoming holidays! I’m hoping to round out the year with a few more good books. A few books on my November list are: The Cousins, On Dublin Street, and This Time Next Year.
what I purchased
–this pair of denim | I had heard such great things about this brand & so far, I’m loving them!
–these no show socks | these are by far my favorite no-show socks! They never slip and stay on my feet really well, no matter what type of shoes I wear.
–this sherpa lined cardigan | I have a version of this from a few years ago and wear it all the time in the winter. I love this updated style!
favorite posts I read this month
–A Stay at Hotel Emeline in Charleston | I am craving a trip to Charleston SO bad! This new hotel looks darling & I can’t wait to visit!
–Saying Goodbye to the Plaid Blanket Scarf | A few weeks ago Cathy texted our friend group and we all got a good laugh out of the blog post she was working on. She scoured our blogs for outfits featuring the iconic blanket scarf and we couldn’t stop laughing at our outfits! Weigh in – is it in or out?
–Southern Transitional Living Room | I love Shelby’s style and her living room is *so* her! I’m over here taking notes for our space!
current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: This gel moisturizer from Trader Joe’s… yes, you read that correctly! I have seen a few people rave about it, so I picked it up at our last TJ’s trip and I am loving it so much. it’s really hydrating, which I need this time of year.
- CLOTHING: this sweatshirt has been on repeat lately because it’s so soft & feels like I’m wearing a blanket!
- TV SHOWS: We are playing catch up on season three of The Crown since the newest season comes out this weekend! We also have wanted to start Yellowstone but we just haven’t found the time lately.
- AUDIOBIOOK: I am finishing up Anxious People by Fredrik Backman soon! I’ve done a mix of reading it & listening to it.
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m currently reading On Dublin Street! it had been on my kindle forever and so far I’m loving it. These days I reach for “easy” books that I can quickly start and stop while feeding Noah, etc.