I can hardly believe that Noah will be 4 months old in less than two weeks! Our lives have totally changed over the last few months & I truly can’t imagine life without him. It has been so fun to see him grow, learn new things & to see his little personality start to shine through. Every day just gets better and better! Now that we are through the first three months I wanted to do a comprehensive blog post sharing our favorite products. These 15 products really helped us ease into becoming parents and helped make those newborn days a bit more bearable! Sure, you may not need all of these & every baby is different, but these are the ones that we already owned that we used day in and day out for the last three months or so! If you’re a mom-to-be or new mom I would love to hear what items you and your little are loving!
our newborn favorites (0-3 months)
- lovevery play gym | This Montessori-inspired play gym was designed to grow with your child for the first year! It features stage based learning zones for each developmental stage your baby goes through! We keep this play gym in his room and use it for tummy time and play time! He loves the high-contrast black and white images (we used these to help him eye track) and he really loves hitting the batting ring and hearing the bell! Although it’s a bit pricey, it’s already proven to be worth it for us because it’s helped so much with eye tracking, development and holding his head up during tummy time.
- ollie swaddle | We have used this velcro swaddle since Noah was born (we even brought it with us to the hospital). It’s so much easier to swaddle them in this than the traditional swaddle blanket! It’s made of a moisture wicking material so it helps regulate their body temperature and it dries quickly if they have an accident! Once Noah started rolling around 8 weeks, we continued to use this with one arm out and now both arms out! I love that it can grow with him.
- boppy newborn lounger | We have the boppy pillow which is great for breastfeeding but the newborn lounger has gotten a lot more use. We keep this lounger downstairs and it’s a great spot to put Noah in while we’re relaxing on the couch. I have even used this a few times for breastfeeding and it works well too in a pinch! It’s small enough that it can be put away without being seen when it’s not being used, too! I know how quickly a space can be cluttered with baby stuff.
- hatch rest sound machine | This is the sound machine we have in Noah’s room. It provides a few different sounds, but we stick with the classic white noise. It also acts as a night light and has different color lights. Right now we don’t use the colored lights, but I have heard these are great for teaching them “time to rise” when they’re toddlers! The best part is it’s paired with your phone and can be turned on & programmed from your smartphone.
- newton mattress | We did a lot of research on crib mattresses and landed on Newton because it’s 100% breathable and washable. We ended up transitioning Noah to his crib really early on (at 3 weeks) and having this mattress gave us much needed peace of mind at night. He sleeps so well on this mattress and sleeps through the night! You can get $50 off with code EMILYW.
- ergopouch swaddle sleep sack | This is another swaddle that we really liked using for Noah! It’s easy to use, the material is so soft & it was really breathable since it’s made of organic fabric. We have a regular sleep sack for him from the brand once he gets a little bigger.
- baby Bjorn bouncer | We started using this bouncer with Noah right around five weeks old and he absolutely love it. It’s simple and has 3 reclining positions. The best part is it’s really lightweight and folds up flat so it can easily be stored or taken on the go! We move this from room to room often.
- UPPAbaby MESA car seat | We chose the matching UPPAbaby MESA car seat and we have been so pleased with it so far. It was very easy to install in our car with the base (we purchased an additional base so we have one in both cars) and I haven’t found the car seat to be too heavy. One feature I really like is that I can easily snap our car seat directly into the stroller without having to transfer Noah into a different space. It makes running errands really easy!
- UPPAbaby VISTA v2 travel system | When we started researching baby products the one item I knew I wanted was the UPPAbaby VISTA travel system. All of my mom friends have this stroller system and it came highly recommended by almost everyone I spoke to. The VISTA v2 is a premium stroller system that has all the bells and whistles, including a bassinet and a toddler seat attachment. A big selling point is that you can continue to use it as you grow your family due to the many configurations. We have loved our UPPAbaby VISTA v2 travel system and have used it since we brought Noah home. The bassinet attachment that comes with the system is safe for sleep and he slept in that for the first few weeks in our room with the bassinet stand. We are still using the bassinet attachment for our daily walks and we love that it is breathable and has a UPF 50+ sunshade. In the next month or so we will likely transition him to the toddler seat that comes with the travel system so that he can see a bit more on our walks! You can see more of their items here.
- ubbi diaper pail | I knew that babies went through a lot of diapers, but I had NO IDEA just how many! We have two ubbi diaper pails, one for downstairs and one for upstairs, and they do a great job of holding dirty diapers and concealing the smell since the pails are made of steel. It’s easy to use with one hand and doesn’t require special bags, so we just use regular trash bags.
- fisher price piano kick & play mat | This mat came highly recommended, so we keep this mat downstairs for tummy time and play time. This is also another toy that can grow with him since the piano comes off! The bright colors are really intriguing to him and he loves kicking the piano with his feet to make it light up. Just a warning for fellow parents, be prepared for these catchy songs to be stuck in your head for all eternity hahaha!
- comotomo bottles & boon nursh bottles | We tried quite a few bottles when we introduced Noah to a bottle and these two are the ones he likes the best. Both bottles are silicone and BPA free. The comotomo bottles have a wide neck, don’t leak and are really easy to clean. The boon bottles have a silicone pouch that deflates as your baby eats, preventing them from taking in air, which causes gassiness and colic.
- 4moms breeze plus playard | We have this playard downstairs and it’s a convenient spot for diaper changes and short naps. The new version of the playard has a flip top changing station, a full bassinet as well as the playard for when they get older. We went with this brand because it’s the easiest to put together (I did it myself and it only took 30 seconds!) and will be great for travel later on down the road!
- huckleberry app | This is the app that we use to track everything – diaper changes, pumping, feeding/nursing, sleep, etc. Originally we were just writing it down on a paper our pediatrician gave us, but having it on our phone was so much easier. It is so helpful to have it all in one place & be able to pull it up at any given time, like at the pediatrician. Based on the items you input the app will provide suggestions on nap times, wake times, etc.
- baby Bjorn mini carrier, Solly wrap & baby k’tan wrap | These carriers have been life savers and I can’t recommend each one enough! We started baby wearing as soon as we got home from the hospital. It was a great way to have him still feel “connected” to me while also being hands free. He usually takes one nap a day on me in one of the carriers! We have the baby Bjorn mini carrier and love it because it’s really easy to put on and place him in. It’s the most structured of the three and the material is so soft. We have a few Solly wraps and I like that they can be adjusted to your body. At first it was a little tricky to learn how to wrap it, but now I think I could do it in my sleep! He really loves being in the Solly! We also have a Baby K’Tan wrap carrier and like using this one around the house too. They’re a bit easier to put on than the Solly and come in individual sizes. I do like that he can be worn in multiple positions with the Baby K’Tan and it can grow with him as he grows!
shop my newborn favorites