The countdown to Christmas is officially on with just ten days left! Have you finished shopping? I’m still finishing up some last minute stuff. Last year I created a gift guide for book lovers and it was such a hit that I’m bringing it back for 2020! This year’s roundup has some really great gifts on it for anyone who loves to read! I have a few of these items (like the magnetic book marks!) but some of these items are on my list this year. I scoured the internet to create a comprehensive list that wasn’t just books! So, enjoy all the bookish things and happy shopping (and reading!).
gift ideas for the book lover
- BOOKS SWEATSHIRT | I think I need this sweatshirt, right?! It’s so cozy and the perfect gift for the avid reader.
- MAGENTIC BOOKMARKS | I have these bookmarks (no dog eared pages!) and they are the best! They’re lightweight and hold your spot in your book well. They have a lot of great colors and prints here.
- KINDLE PAPERWHITE | I cannot say enough great things about my Kindle Paperwhite! I still prefer to physically read a book, but this is great for reading at night, when traveling & especially now with a baby! The pages read a bit like a physical book, it’s not harsh on your eyes like an iPad or other tablet and the battery life lasts quite a long time.
- LIBRO.FM SUBSCRIPTION | I really love Libro.fm for audiobooks because you’re still able to support independent bookstores with your purchase. Now more than ever it’s important to support local bookstores & this is a great option if you prefer to listen to audiobooks.
- JOURNAL | If the book lover in your life likes to take notes on their books or reading goals, this is a great notebook to do so! I have a journal that I use to track the books I have read each year! It’s a nice way to keep track of everything by hand (although I do use Goodreads as well).
- RECHARGEABLE BOOK LIGHT | I have a similar book light and love the fact that it can be recharged via a USB plug. It’s really convenient, especially when traveling!
- ROMANCE TITLES COFFEE MUG | This is the cutest coffee mug with romance titles all around it! They also offer a mug with Black authored titles!
- LIBRARY HOMESICK CANDLE | I received this candle as a gift last year and it smells incredible, even when it’s not lit! This would be a great gift for the book lover who loves her local library!
- CUSTOM STAMPED BOOK SPINES | These personalized books are such a thoughtful gift! You can add the entire family on the books! We have these in Noah’s room with his name and birth stats on them. A cute way to
- OUT OF PRINT BOOKISH TOTE | Reusable totes like this one are great for picking up library books, traveling with books or running errands!
- BATH TRAY | I love grabbing my book and soaking in the bath while I read. I enjoy this bath tray because it keeps my book dry (ha!) and I can hold my wine on it as well. It even expands, so it should fit most bath tubs.
- BEST OF 2020 BOOKS | If you’re wanting to get someone a book this season, be sure to pick up one of the top books of the year for a crowd pleaser! A few great picks are The Midnight Library, Dear Emmie Blue & The Boys’ Club.
- PERSONALIZED LEATHER BOOKMARK | This bookmark seems really well made & the personalized element makes it extra thoughtful.
- BOOK OF THE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION | I have been a BOTM member for over three years and I cannot recommend it enough. They always have such great selections for book lovers each month. You can sign up HERE and get a gift HERE. I also did a whole BOTM FAQ blog post!
- THROW BLANKET | Nothing better than getting comfy with a cozy blanket and a good book! Best combination, in my opinion!
- ONE MORE CHAPTER TEE | I think this ‘one more chapter’ tee is so adorable! The etsy shop offers a lot of really cute pieces!