It’s time for another monthly recap. Take a peek at previous recaps here!
We officially survived the first month of the new year! January is always a tough, weird month. Between putting all the holiday decor away and the endless gloomy days, it always feels like the longest month! Happy to be on the other side of it, though. We took it easy this month and did a lot of organizing around the house, added a playroom space to our guest room & came up with a list of things we want to accomplish this year. I’m really looking forward to the weather warming up so we can spend a lot of time outside!
books I read this month
This month was a bit of a mixed bag in terms of reading. I read five books, four physical books and one audiobook, but didn’t love three of them. Some months are filled with great books and others have some duds mixed in! I did really enjoy Before She Disappeared by Lisa Gardner. This was her first standalone book in over 20 years and it didn’t disappoint. I’m looking forward to some good books in February though.
what I purchased
–a pair of huggie earrings | I love these dainty earrings and I lost one of them a few months ago. They finally came back in stock and I ordered a new pair!
–a new pair of bf jeans | ok so, I bought these but the sizing is WAY off so I had to return and order another size. I have quite a few pairs of Mother denim, but these had ZERO stretch. Let’s just say attempting to try these on was *not* fun and put me in a funk. Ugh, sometimes dressing my postpartum body makes me sad!
–a travel coffee mug | This mug has become my favorite! It holds so much and keeps my coffee piping hot. I love that it has a handle and can fit in the cupholder in my car.
Noah turned six months old this month and truthfully I can’t believe how fast these first six months flew by! I shared his six month update recently all about milestones, starting solids, & more! It’s amazing how much he has changed in six months. I’ve heard months 6-12 go by SO fast since there is so much happening between teething, sitting, crawling, and walking. I’m excited for it to warm up a bit so we can go to the science center, the zoo, and spend more time outside.
favorite post on Life with Emily
Target Home Decor Finds – I’m all about decorating on a budget and there are so many great decor finds at Target right now.
favorite posts I read this month
I Wish I Did This Sooner | I loved this post from my friend Jess, she shares a few things she wish she had done sooner & a few she’s glad she jumped on right away! It definitely got me thinking.
January Beauty Favorites | Shelby is my go-to gal when it comes to beauty products! I always trust her opinion and love when she shares her favorite items.
Reflections, Visions & What’s Next | I really loved this thoughtful post from Jess. It echoed a lot of my own sentiments right now.
current favorites on repeat
- BEAUTY: I started using this revitalift pure retinol serum and I’m really liking it! It’s been quite a while since I’ve used retinol since it’s not safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, so I’m having to get my face used to it again!
- CLOTHING: I have been living in these jeans. I try to get dressed a few days a week even though I work from home & these are so comfortable!
- TV SHOWS: We have been rewatching Parenthood and are currently on season five. I DON’T WANT IT TO END. We also watched the Southern Charm reunion shows and wow… the drama is insane!
- AUDIOBIOOK: I’m listening to The Prophets by Robert Jones Jr and it’s such a powerful book. It’s definitely heavy, but fantastic nonetheless.
- CURRENTLY READING: I’m currently about halfway through The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon. I chose this as my virtual book club pick and it’s so good! Details are in this post if you want to join along!